'99 passed down from the mom-in-law.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait a minute, your saying that a bad TPS sensor can cause a rear differential shudder? Like Jed Clampett used to say wee doggies! How, oh how can an acting up tps make the rear end go wonky? I guess anything's possible. We got Donald into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, so I'm listening! Your turn.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

no im saying it should be mandatory service for the vehicle and should not be overlooked. has nothing to do with rear

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah, now that I can see. Problem is don't the screws that hold that booger on, get stuck, and make it a nightmare to sometimes remove? That's what I've read numerous times. I think Ford used red Lok tite on the screws. That stuff hardens like JB weld. When I worked at Yamaha back in the 90's, Jet skis used it. We had to torch the screws with a propane or gas/accetelyne torch to get them off. Blue Lok Tite would have been enough, or the white stuff that Ford used on Fox bodied 5.0s, and Lincoln's.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah, now that I can see. Problem is don't the screws that hold that booger on, get stuck, and make it a nightmare to sometimes remove? That's what I've read numerous times. I think Ford used red Lok tite on the screws. That stuff hardens like JB weld. When I worked at Yamaha back in the 90's, Jet skis used it. We had to torch the screws with a propane or gas/accetelyne torch to get them off. Blue Lok Tite would have been enough, or the white stuff that Ford used on Fox bodied 5.0s, and Lincoln's.

yes, no loctite from what i saw, just screwed in by the force of god. tightest screw ever faced.
need philips head which is exact size to hole, or get ready to cut your own flat head slot with a cutoff wheel