About to Make a Purchase Monday, please advise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
found a nice 2014 Limited with 76,000 miles on it 5.4l loaded out with DVD players in headrest and all.
Any known issue with this year model motor or transmission!!
And what to be weary of when looking at it?
It's spotless and runs like new.
Got it for $20,200
was asking $23,600

Dannyboy11222

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like u got a good deal, as I do with any purchase of a used vehicle, I check for body & chassie rust, also check for bubbles in the paint on the rear hatch and hood of the truck, ford is known for shottie paint work in their factory..... Try to see if u can get the service record for the truck, if you can't, I highly recomend changing gear oils, radiator flush and power steering flush, regular oil changes are a no brainer, if u feel the dealership didn't change the oil.. Than just change it... Stick will motor craft oil filters... Their made for the 5.4 engine... And other filter designs may change the way the engine perform on cold starts... Hopefully you can find out if the previous owner changed the spark plugs, via a service record, if not I would also get ready to swap them out @ 76k is allot of milage. And I don't care what first says about their plug change @ 100k I'm changing them way before that... Either than that enjoy the truck... And good luck with the new ride.....

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ron1978

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked and didn't see loaded leveling setup under it, I do not want the air ride after I went broke trying to fix my old 2006 Kingranch air ride. Can you advise from Vin number if it does have air ride

Dannyboy11222

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The air ride pump would be located in the rear of the truck in the small cargo area.. If no pump, no air ride, also if it did have air ride, u could see the air bags on the struts...

Dannyboy11222

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the Vin # u could call a ford dealership and ask the service department if this vehicle is equipped with air ride.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and before you sign on the line ..have them pull a service history by vin with ford.
and see if they will step to inspect it to allow you to buy a ford warranty 3/36..

LOVE the color.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did about the same...2014 EL Limited, 80K for $22.5. I wanted the latest model EL Limited I could find with the 5.4. The EL was a bit harder to find, but that's what I needed. Good luck...