Abs and traction control light on 06 Ford expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwean

Reaction score
Any advice would be great. 2006 ford expedition 5.4 165,000 codes p0732 p0700 p0846 p0733. The abs light is on. The engine will rev but will not move then traction control will disengage and it will run fine with abs light and traction control lights staying on.
I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you checked the fluid level with the engine running and warmed up ? Those are tranny slipping codes. Are you the original owner ? If the fluid level is correct is it bright red ? Or brownish? Bright red is good, brown is bad.

OP
OP
B

bwean

Reaction score
Yes I have. I am the second owner but the car fax shows it was taken care of. I changed to trans fluid and filter about 6 months ago. When traction control is off it shifts great. I was hoping it would be a speed sensor or ABS module.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well the P0846 code is a pressure switch indication of out of spec line pressure. That probably caused the PCM to put the tranny in Limp mode. If you're not comfortable working on transmissions it's probably best to find a reliable shop in your area that can take a look at it.

OP
OP
B

bwean

Reaction score
Unfortunately I am not if it's inside the transmission but if its outside I will definitely give it a try. I will try and Google the location after work. Thank you very much