ABS, E-Brake, & TCS Dash Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have a 2004 Ford Expedition 5.4

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this issue before...

While driving, all three of these lights will come on simultaneously for brief periods of time, intermittently. All three will flash on then off for no rhyme or reason. The systems themselves seem to be working fine. I don't notice any funny brake issues, ABS or TCS problems.

This happened over the summer and when I took it to my local shop, there weren't any codes to read. Then the issues stopped for a month or so... Now it happens every time I start up the vehicle. It doesn't concern me since the car is running fine, but it is very annoying having those lights flash all the time.

*My local shop is "my neighborhood guy" who's been a mechanic for 40 years and is happy to fix an issue I know about and resolve it for me at cost, but he's not going to spend much time on diagnostics if there isn't a code to work off of. I can't complain since he's saved me thousands on repair work so I'm content with it*

So I'm stuck with either taking it to another mechanic who will do that and spend some $$, or hopefully I can figure this out with all of your help.

Has anyone had this issue before? If not, any suggestions on where to start? I'm assuming I have some kind of grounding issue, or maybe one of those sensors is bad causing all 3 lights to come on. . . IDK just some theories.

Thank you all!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd start at the Abs unit, check the plugs have clean tight connection. Their also should be a module that controls them. Again be sure theirs no moisture in or around module and plugs.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk