AC clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Enigma346

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know my pressure. Compressor won't kick in. I don't have gauges either. Only gauge I have is the one that comes with the refill cans you can buy at AutoZone . And those only fit the low side

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know my pressure. Compressor won't kick in. I don't have gauges either. Only gauge I have is the one that comes with the refill cans you can buy at AutoZone . And those only fit the low side
that's all you need. Screw it on and see what it reads. Hi side is only used for diagnostic purposes

unless you mean the gauge is built into the can? I have seen those but I have never used one. Probably should still work but I am not sure. I have one that built into the low side hose for recharging like this

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-R-...5456680&sr=8-3&keywords=ac+recharge+kit+r134a

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No...that's not right. If the compressor isn't running, low side ALWAYS shows very high. Always over 100. High side shows lower. If he connects a service hose to the low side and tries to ad refrigerant, the compressor will kick on in about 5 seconds if it is just a charge problem. The dual Units(front and rear a.c.) hold a lot more refrigerant than the single units. I think mine is 54 oz. Don't forget PAG oil too. Don't forget you can only check pressures when its running...

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
static pressures.JPG

View attachment 24947

It could read 100 depending if the vehicle was recently running, if its hot under the hood or its hot outside lots of variables

My point is if its reading 10psi for instance then he knows its low on 134a and that has to be addressed before anything else

that's all I am saying

Last edited:

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry...I standTemp-pressure-chart-33776F1.jpg corrected then!

Here is the omly chart I know of...LOL

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mainly do Home HVAC, and do my cars and friends cars too...learn something everyday!

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's all good dude I made my living as an auto mechanic for 20 years even though some on this board claim I don't know what I am talking about I just ignore them and try to help out when I can

OP
OP
E

Enigma346

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360