AC leak in rear of 2007 exp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, don’t add refrigerant until you get the leak located and fixed. They also make a can of stuff that will bubble up on the leak area so you can find and repair it. Prob a O-ring needs to be replaced but that’s no problem.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you blow air into the system you are also adding moisture to it. We use nitrogen instead during the ac class. If you decide to use air make sure you vacuum the snot out of it to pull the added moisture out.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just figured air is easiest I most garages. Definitely drain your air tank on compressor at least twice. Lot of water and gunk settle down there. Ideally a body painters air filter in line would be a good idea. You'll feel or hear the leak when you find it.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TonyS

Reaction score
Hi . Still cnt locate leak. We can hear it. Could it be leaking internally in the rear evaporator.?? I hearing the hissing.

OP
OP
T

TonyS

Reaction score
We did . 2x.
We can hear it but cant see it or any signs of dye. Could the evap be leaking Inside? We opened the casing and found no residue of the dye

Jeff Thrash

Reaction score
Did anyone figure this issue out? I have a 2011 and I am having same issue. Hissing noise coming from the passenger rear in the hatch area. I didn't hear the clicking noise but changed out the mode door actuator anyways. Still hissing. Everything seems to be blowing fine but not cold air, and more like room temp. Could it be the evaporator or the evaporated valve?