AC not blowing cold, cooling fan blowing high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrodave88

Reaction score
2016 Expedition 3.5 w/Turbo
Suddenly my a/c is not blowing cold and the engine cooling fan seems to be stuck in High like it's blowing full steam 100% of the time. These events happened at the same time.
I hooked freon to the system and it blew cold for a few minutes and then didn't blow cold again. The compressor is turning. Where do I go from here? Dealership wants $200 just to look at it and not actually fix anything

mpuckett1881

Reaction score
I’m curious if you found a solution to this? My expedition just started something similar. The engine fan runs faster than normal sometimes. Sounds like an airplane. Then yesterday the air conditioner quit blowing cold. It had plenty of refrigerant. 20 minutes later it worked fine. The next time I drove it no air. Thanks in advance.

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check out this post regarding the fan clutch. I would also recommend using an A/C manifold gauge to check both high and low pressures with the compressor engaged.