AC smoke from vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Runyon

Reaction score
We were coming home last night and all the sudden smoke started coming out of the vents, then the AC went dead. It smelled like something had burnt up. Any suggestions as to what it could be? I have a couple ideas, but wanted to see what you kind folks had to say. Thanks for the help!!!

It's a 2015 Platinum 4x4, by the way.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Check the blower motor and connector. The connector may show signs of overheating which can burn the wires and melt the plug.

OP
OP
S

Steve Runyon

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and response. I figured it had something to do with the blower since the air flow stopped. Where is the connector located? Under the glove box? Can I get to it without having to pull the dash?

OP
OP
S

Steve Runyon

Reaction score
I just checked on the AC. Today, it's barely blowing, but no smoke. The rear AC is working fine with strong air. I located two plugs under the dash...I guess one is to the blower, the other is to the blower resistor. I couldn't really tell of any burning. When I turned on the blower, it was really struggling to produce air flow...made a constant humming/groaning noise? Any thoughts?

OP
OP
S

Steve Runyon

Reaction score
Welp, turns out the blower motor was shot...which sucks a little considering it's only a 3 yr old vehicle. Oh well, it's fixed now!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357