Add auto up and down window switches...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okgearhead

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Limited EL and would like to add auto up and down windows for all my windows, not just the drivers window, does anybody know if the Platinum has all auto up and down windows ?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Limited EL and would like to add auto up and down windows for all my windows, not just the drivers window, does anybody know if the Platinum has all auto up and down windows ?

It does not. The Driver switch actually has a secondary position, that allows the function to work with additional programming. So, the switch would have to be swapped for the other 3 positions and possibly programming.

Maybe see if the Navigator 15-17 has Auto Up/Down, cause not sure on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In addition, the drivers window is the only one with a single switch. The other 3 have two switches, so the wiring is not the same.

Although it would be very cool if the necessary controls were contained in the switch itself. Just buy 3 driver window switches and plop them in.

Edit: Looks like the window control assy is the lowest replaceable part. Need to find 3 in a junk yard and build your own assy.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...0aW9uJnk9MjAxNyZ0PWVsLXhsdCZlPTMtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BLUF - I wish I could add MANUAL up & down windows to my cars/trucks.

If I had the choice with Dearborn or the local dealership, I would choose to have all the windows operate manually (where you hand crank it up and down) IOT open/close the windows on my Expedition. I get it – that is old school – but I’ve never had a manually-operated window ever fail to open or close.

It’s nice to push/pull on a lever on your door panel to make the windows electrically go up and down…and sitting in the driver’s seat gives you a lot of ‘control’ of the other windows too. It’s nicer however when, your vehicle is deluged in a thunderstorm and your car picks that moment for the electric windows to fail, that you actually have the reliable manual handcrank instead to close the windows from the elements.

Apologies Okie – my post doesn’t answer your question – just some wishful thinking on my part regarding this subject.

llhoneymoons

Reaction score
It does not. The Driver switch actually has a secondary position, that allows the function to work with additional programming. So, the switch would have to be swapped for the other 3 positions and possibly programming.

Would this work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Lincoln-Navigator-15-17-Motorcraft-SW7511-Front-Driver-Side-Window-Switch/283326080275?epid=210394565&hash=item41f78ce513:g:AgQAAOSwfMlcLhNc&fits=Year:2016|Model:Navigator|Make:Lincoln

I have always wanted the same feature myself. This won't give you all four, but is better than what's currently available.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score

My '07 Navigator has auto up and down.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My '07 Navigator has auto up and down.

For all four, the front, or just drivers door, cause our 17 Expedition had it for the drivers but not the others.

I was just clarifying that it was a physical difference in the switches. Also, the 07 does not have the same switches as the 15-17’s...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For all four, the front, or just drivers door, cause our 17 Expedition had it for the drivers but not the others.

I was just clarifying that it was a physical difference in the switches. Also, the 07 does not have the same switches as the 15-17’s...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Just on the drivers door.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I think it would work. As long as the harness is the same. I looked into coding on it when this originally came up, and I don't think any changes need to be made, it appears to be all in the switch.

Yell back and tell us how it goes!