Added USB-C Charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you do not have the existing Expedition OEM inverter, meaning you're starting from scratch. Maybe this can help put things into perspective

I've also included all the pin numbers and how they interconnect. (Gotta zoom in)

On Post# 129 are all your connector part numbers.

DIY Harness - F150 110V Retrofit (2).jpg

DIY Harness - F150 110V Retrofit.jpg

Last edited:

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@TXFRDOwner Thanks again for leading me by the hand on this project. I think I’ve got my plan of attack for creating this harness for the f-150 inverter.

Does this diagram I amended off of yours make sense to you (color of text matches the color of your wiring to connectors)? No rush at all, parts are on order and not off work until Tuesday.

STINNETT

Reaction score
Got my parts. The inverter, the dash plate module, and the pig tail. Waiting on time to tear into it. Have stock inverter (limited). So I will have to go over the diagrams again when I start.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I finally finished this upgrade. Since my truck didn’t have the inverter stock, I had to make a few modifications to what @TXFRDOwner had done, and a couple additional changes to the plan we had made in some of the diagrams above.

I had to build my own wiring harness and fish it from the inverter to both outlets (I added the AC outlet to the rear of my center console by purchasing the stock expedition plate off eBay) and BCM.

For whatever reason, pin 52 on C2280B of the BCM would not provide the appropriate voltage/data signal to tell the inverter to turn on.

I ended up combining the wires from pins 3&4 on the red and black connector of the inverter (powered by pin 17 on C2280D of BCM) in order to tell the inverter to “turn on .” Pin 52 told the inverter to “turn off” if the voltage dropped below 11 volts to keep the battery from running down, so I have to keep that in mind, but otherwise, no big deal.

Drilling the holes to mount the inverter to the “stock” position was definitely the most monotonous and frustrating, followed by the sanding of the cubby hole so the 400w f-150 plug could fit into it. The rest took time and patience, but wasn’t too bad.

@TXFRDOwner was immensely helpful during this (aka, a snowball’s chance in hell I could’ve done this without him).

Since starting this product, my wife bought a 2021 F-150, which has an inverter and three AC plugs, so naturally, I’m sure I’ll never end up using this thing after I’ve done all this work. :cool::cool:

iamretired

Reaction score
My 12 volt socket is on the passenger side. I drilled a hole below and put in a 2 3amp usb with the voltage info. I just tapped into the power socket above it. Had to pull glove box, grabbed wires behind power socket and added them to new usb socket.3amp usb.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni