Added USB-C Charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doren Martin

Reaction score
Very nice job. Almost wish undid mine the same. But I have column shift. So I installed a console that was shifted in the console. The hole where the shifter comes thru is now covered with 1/8" sheet of ABS plastic.
I gave a panel that has a Digital Voltage Meter, Off/On Switch, Dual USB, and a backlit Cigarette Lighter.
Im also going to make a custom slot for my phone to sit down into (like a docking station).
I just don't like cords strung all over.

I'll post some pics when Im finished. I still have to hydro dip the center console plate and the radio bezel before dropping i all in.

John Tour

Reaction score
Looks nice. You can tell if it is a fast charger by plugging in an Android phone or tablet. It should tell you that it is fast charging or not.
Strictly about cell phone batteries. When I got a newer (now older) android I found different cables charged at different rates. Looking around I found several apps that would show battery charging rate and basic battery health. Digging further I found the best way to charge your phone is between 40% and 80%. Found several web sites with the same battery info.
I started out using the Ampere app and later added the AccuBattery app and later got the pro version of each with more features. It's nice to have 2 apps warn you when the battery is at 80% so as to not charge to 100% too often.
Ampere
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere
AccuBattery
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digibites.accubattery

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just saw the updated post w the writeup. Thays WAY more effort than I'd expect for USB. Its great it looks as nice as it does for the effort involved. I've installed remote starts with less fuss.

I disassembled my center console to be able to fit the Ford knockout panel inside it to keep all wires hidden for hdmi, usb, aux, etc and understand the ocd.

The charging info relates to pretty much any lithium battery as far as rates and percentages to maximize cycles. You can add quite a bit of service life to a phone by just using a little common sense with charge habits. I encounter people daily who just let it cook on a charger all night long. I do on occasion as life dictates but I have a 500ma behind my nightstand to do that and its usually just full as I wake up so its not sitting at peak voltage for any length of time.

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just saw the updated post w the writeup. Thays WAY more effort than I'd expect for USB. Its great it looks as nice as it does for the effort involved. I've installed remote starts with less fuss.

I disassembled my center console to be able to fit the Ford knockout panel inside it to keep all wires hidden for hdmi, usb, aux, etc and understand the ocd.

The charging info relates to pretty much any lithium battery as far as rates and percentages to maximize cycles. You can add quite a bit of service life to a phone by just using a little common sense with charge habits. I encounter people daily who just let it cook on a charger all night long. I do on occasion as life dictates but I have a 500ma behind my nightstand to do that and its usually just full as I wake up so its not sitting at peak voltage for any length of time.

Good for you Partner !

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got myself a 400W (F150) inverter, got the AC Outlet ... got some wires off ebay. Now just need to find some free time :)

View attachment 40965

That'll be handy, I never did get around to adding an inverter and wish I had. Where does the factory inverter install? I have a completely different year of course but curious where they were able to stash it.

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That'll be handy, I never did get around to adding an inverter and wish I had. Where does the factory inverter install? I have a completely different year of course but curious where they were able to stash it.

Post #52

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah, fits like a glove. Right under where I've installed a couple remote starts, though on ones clearly not equipped w inverter or the module wouldn't have fit in the space.