Added USB-C Charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah, fits like a glove. Right under where I've installed a couple remote starts, though on ones clearly not equipped w inverter or the module wouldn't have fit in the space.

Under one of the front seats could be another good spot for the Inverter, if one doesn't care for an OEM setup

Psychobot90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Under one of the front seats could be another good spot for the Inverter, if one doesn't care for an OEM setup
They do get hot though, so if you go under the seat try to keep it off the carpet or take necessary precautions for heat. In one of my F150s the factory inverter was located under the passenger seat and they had it insulated and fire wrapped.

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They do get hot though, so if you go under the seat try to keep it off the carpet or take necessary precautions for heat. In one of my F150s the factory inverter was located under the passenger seat and they had it insulated and fire wrapped.

I’m basically swapping out my current 150W inverter for the F150 400W one. (Plus adding the dash AC outlet)

I’m keeping it in the same spot as OEM. I’m sure the mounting holes won’t perfectly line up but I love a little challenge.

At the end of day, The goal is always to get a factory look on all my mods/upgrades [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think in the previous threads it sounded like you might, but are you going to route that to your middle row console plug, too?

Yup, that’s the plan.

I’m using the existing harness for the floor console AC outlet.

I’m splicing in the harness closer to the Inverter to add the dash ac outlet.

STINNETT

Reaction score
Yup, that’s the plan.

I’m using the existing harness for the floor console AC outlet.

I’m splicing in the harness closer to the Inverter to add the dash ac outlet.

Did you get it finished? Hit a snag?

STINNETT

Reaction score
Hope life improves.[emoji1303]

I'll be looking forward to the post when you get to it. I want to do the exact same to my 16 limited 4x4.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze