Adding Center Console or Seat to First Row. 3rd Gen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty

Reaction score
I just bought a 2009 XLT 4WD, with a column shifter and no console. I would really like to put something in the middle to store stuff and rest my arm on. Console would be great, but i have not been able to find anything for an Expy. Maybe a seat with a fold down back? Would a 60/40 Bench from a similar year F-150 bolt in?

Wildcat

Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 Expedition EL with 60 40 bench seat. Same issue no center mount storage. I had a 2003 F 150 and checked on using the center arm rest but it was too short. Presently I'm using a tray I bought at Wal Mart to store stuff and block items from sliding under the arm rest and landing on the second seat floor ! Hope someone has a retro fit solution.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You seem to have an SSV (police/gubmint fleet model) - key indicators are column shift, no console, barebones interior usually missing some # of seats, 4wd, and XLT badging

Most come with all the holes for mounting anything that goes into any expedition of that same year predrilled in the floor and pillars (so third row seatbelts, third row, proper seats from other trims etc all installable)

Currently working on getting a junkyard EB console into mine (just yanked the shifter out of it, left a hole I plan to fit with a plug or a storage bin), will update once I figure out how it installs

hardlife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too just bought a 08 that was once Homeland Security fleet. I picked up a console from a salvage yard ($100)and started looking to install it today. Seems there is some mount that the console bolts to that I do not have. I'll call the place next week to see if I can get that. I'd love a picture just to see where the harness is, they cut it getting it out then gave me the connectors. Really want the console controls to work but I don't even know if the vehicle side of the harness is even there. I'll be picking up the third row and seat belts within the next few weeks.

20170112_164223[1].jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too just bought a 08 that was once Homeland Security fleet. I picked up a console from a salvage yard ($100)and started looking to install it today. Seems there is some mount that the console bolts to that I do not have. I'll call the place next week to see if I can get that. I'd love a picture just to see where the harness is, they cut it getting it out then gave me the connectors. Really want the console controls to work but I don't even know if the vehicle side of the harness is even there. I'll be picking up the third row and seat belts within the next few weeks.

View attachment 18716

Get rear pillars plastics and rear side plastic panels too unless you wanna cut holes for seatbelts in yours.

Otherwise, everything bolts right up, whole interior can be swapped over in one evening

penseb

Reaction score
I'm in the process of converting my 2008 SSV, as well. All holes for console and 3rd row seat belts are present, but had to tap threads. Trading out rubber floor for carpet. Will post pics when complete. Love to see others' stories and pics. Curious if you found the wiring harness to connect the front center console...I can't seem to find the part number in the repair manuals...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No need to tap.

Ford cabin screws (belts, seats, etc) are SELF TAPPING. Just bolt em right in.

Harness for what, rear A/C controls? Or do you wanna move the shifter off the column?

How much did you end up paying for the interior stuff?

penseb

Reaction score
No need to tap.

Ford cabin screws (belts, seats, etc) are SELF TAPPING. Just bolt em right in.

Harness for what, rear A/C controls? Or do you wanna move the shifter off the column?

How much did you end up paying for the interior stuff?
I'm glad I used a tap.... I'm afraid I would have worn out the torq heads!

yes, want to hook up the rear a.c./power on the console.... Will want to remove shifter as it is wasted space.

$1000 for all King Ranch seats including third row, carpet, steering wheel, and center console. $350 in addition for prem stereo and mirrors (to replace mirrors with police spotlight holes in them!) With the 3rd row going from $400-$700, I felt this was an amazing deal.

Right now I'm having difficulty getting the airbag clips wrapped back around their mounts on the airbag/steering wheel reinstall....they won't reseat. I'm open to suggestions.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang.

Nice deal.

Btw, there's no risk whatsoever of messing up the Torx bolts. Really.

They just bolt right in, no tapping needing.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much did you pay for your SSV truck?

My '09 w/157k mi cost me $4600