Adding functions to driver info display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
My type 2 display scrolls with the thumb toggle on the left side of the steering wheel. Gotta be 30 things it can display.

General Information on displays starts on page 90 of my 2017 owners manual, but who reads these. :)

-- Chuck

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dutchie

Dutchie

Reaction score
The Expedition is currently in the shop to have an Infotainment.com navigation system installed (currently has a 4" screen). As soon as it comes back I'll dive right in and post my findings in the sticky for the type 1 display.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expedition is currently in the shop to have an Infotainment.com navigation system installed (currently has a 4" screen). As soon as it comes back I'll dive right in and post my findings in the sticky for the type 1 display.

Check out the Explorer spreadsheets for FORScan floating around for sure. They break out changes based on the Type 1 and Type 2 displays specifically, which should make it easier.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had not heard about the FORScan software before, it sounds very interesting, the thing that has me worried is that you need an adapter cable (USB to OBDB2) and the FORScan WEB site claims that 80% of adapters are clones and dont work properly. They don't seem to list what adapters do work, can anyone recommend an adapter that they bought that works with this software? I would hate to bugger anything up because I had bought a defective adapter (not to mention wasting my time and money!).

Gary

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck, I just ordered the same unit. I am running windows 10 so hopefully all will be good!!

Gary

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I was disappointed Ford did not include DRLs on a new truck. Heck many (most?) cars have had them since 2006 or so. All my other cars have them.

Easy peasy activation of the Fogs as DRLs. They revert to fog status when the headlights are on (my control is set to Auto) and react to the headlight switch at that point. They activate the annoying, giant fog light indicator on the instrument display so I disabled that in Forscan as well but left the smaller headlight indicator alone. Little orange fog indicator at the headlight switch glows when either the DRLs or fogs are on.

Just for grins I added the Engine Hour display. This starts from zero when activated though. Surprising amount of idle time for me. No doubt those remote starts ain't helping.

The software is easy. Just pay attention to what you're changing. Best practice is to change one (1) item at a time, confirm it's working, and then progress.

-- Chuck

Regan DeMello

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to change the display to go straight to a certain tab on the display? Every time I start the Expy it goes straight to the towing status tab. I’d like to start it in My View. Can’t find anything online

2018 Expedition Limited
Special Edition Package
301A
Heavy tow
Cargo package