adding mach audio from junkyard to an xlt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Powell

Reaction score
havea 2001. what all do I need from a vehicle in the junkyard that has the mach system. Do I just need head unit, amp under dash, and sub /amp assembley, and it is plug and play, or do I need to swap a complete harness? been searching with no luck.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
havea 2001. what all do I need from a vehicle in the junkyard that has the mach system. Do I just need head unit, amp under dash, and sub /amp assembley, and it is plug and play, or do I need to swap a complete harness? been searching with no luck.

Check for the harness to plug in the sub under the third row passenger side cup holder. You know you will also need the panel that cup holder sits in also because it has the vent for the sub instead of the tray.

OP
OP
T

Thomas Powell

Reaction score
yes, I know I need the vent, I haven't looked for the harness. I was hoping someone would know if eddie bauer and xlt used the same harness or not. That was I know if I have to pull a whole harness too.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes, I know I need the vent, I haven't looked for the harness. I was hoping someone would know if eddie bauer and xlt used the same harness or not. That was I know if I have to pull a whole harness too.
The Mach harness goes thru the center console, CD changer and the rear audio controls. This is the trucks wire harness and other thing run thru it also.
Pop the cup holder and see if there is a harness in there. If not,

Truly better to put aftermarket system in. The only thing you loose is the rear audio control.

OP
OP
T

Thomas Powell

Reaction score
I am just hoping to find out if both trims use same harness, or different ones. I have the disc changer, and rear controls. I haven't pulled trim panel off to see, maybe when it stops raining. It's not a huge deal, just hoping to find out. I don't drive the truck enough to justify the expense of a new aftermarket system.