Adjustable Pedals broken?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curless Auto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am curious as to weather or not you guys would be interested in a true fix for this issue? You know, the broken plastic gear that makes the pedals not move? The one that Ford want you to pay for all new assemblies that I hear are now discontinued...I have a gear that will never go bad again. I am the guy that fixed the Panther platform gears about a year ago. Now, due to the multiple calls and e-mails asking me to fix the Expis and Navis as well I have one in the works! The same brass gear I offer for the Panther cars will now be available for these SUVs.

I have sent a message to supermod about posting stuff for sale on here so for now all I am going to do is say I can fix this issue once and for all!

Please let me know if you are interested....Thanks Chris

Attachments

• Gears 2.jpg
    Gears 2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are the Panther platform gears? The gears are discontinued for the power pedals? How is Ford fixing them under warranty?

OP
OP
C

Curless Auto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are the Panther platform gears? The gears are discontinued for the power pedals? How is Ford fixing them under warranty?

The Panther platform cars (Crown Vic, Marquis, Marauder, Town Car) all have adjustable pedals, the assembly is obviously a bit different than a SUV. The gear inside of the brake pedal is plastic and it cracks, then the pedals don't move. I made a brass gear that replaces the plastic one...no more broken pedals.

The gears were never available, only a complete pedal assembly. I don't know it for a fact but I was told that the assemblies are no longer available.

Last edited:

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how far are they supposed to move? I'm a new owner and mine move but i thought they didnt move enough...