ADS/CCD to Conventional Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JFord1979

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I hope everyone is doing well. I have a 2019 Expedition. I'd like to get rid of the adaptive suspension (ADS). Has anyone tried to bypass CCD on their Expy yet? I plan on doing it but want to throw any codes. Is there an easy way to bypass the air system?

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any reason why you want to bypass it? Just curious as it rides great.

pathfinder_88

Reaction score
I've been researching the same thing. ICON makes this for the Raptor (and it says Raptor only) however this website also lists it for the Expedition. This is the company that made the SEMA build Expedition. I'm waiting for a response from them confirming it will work with the Expedition CCD. Someone might need to order it and see...

OP
OP
J

JFord1979

Reaction score
@Deadman : I essentially bent my passenger side strut - not covered under the warranty. I think it'd be foolish to just buy one strut. The price of two ADS struts is A LOT more than the price of non-ADS struts. I'll be checking other forums if no one has done this before.

OP
OP
J

JFord1979

Reaction score
@Deadman Right and non-ADS/CCD is about $250 OE. Hence my inquiry on bypassing the CCD. I'm sure it can be done, I'm jut trying to think of how. Dummy plug? or a resistor?

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on parts.ford.com, they list the CCD front/rear shocks at $412.36, and standard at $125 front /$155 rear. If you just need to replace one, it won't be too much of a difference to get a replacement CCD shock then to replace the pair on the axle, which i expect at minimum you need to change out the axle. Also, they have different CCD part numbers depending on if you have standard length or extended.

Also, I don't know in what setting the other axle will run at if you disconnect the CCD and have a mismatch of CCD / non-CCD.

If the price is still a concern, check ebay or maybe junkyards for any Expeditions. It just seems like a big pain to do part of a conversion to non-CCD without knowing the impacts on the vehicle dynamics.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on parts.ford.com, they list the CCD front/rear shocks at $412.36, and standard at $125 front /$155 rear. If you just need to replace one, it won't be too much of a difference to get a replacement CCD shock then to replace the pair on the axle, which i expect at minimum you need to change out the axle. Also, they have different CCD part numbers depending on if you have standard length or extended.

Also, I don't know in what setting the other axle will run at if you disconnect the CCD and have a mismatch of CCD / non-CCD.

If the price is still a concern, check ebay or maybe junkyards for any Expeditions. It just seems like a big pain to do part of a conversion to non-CCD without knowing the impacts on the vehicle dynamics.

Exactly, plus all the headaches of trying to make it happen all to make it ride worse and have no ride control adjustability that you paid for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes