Advanced Cargo Management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay Mac

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can buy this after the fact? My Limited didn't come with one, but I figured I could buy it after the fact and drop it in. My Expy has the notches and clips for it. It seems like it would be a simple swap. But everywhere I look, I cant seem to find the part.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d pay the dealer a visit. Most of the time stuff like that can be ordered and added later by the dealer. You can also check out ford accessories website

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jay Mac

Reaction score
I did visit the dealer. They have no idea how to order it. There isn't a part No for this apparently.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can buy this after the fact? My Limited didn't come with one, but I figured I could buy it after the fact and drop it in. My Expy has the notches and clips for it. It seems like it would be a simple swap. But everywhere I look, I cant seem to find the part.

Do you have a SWB or a Max? I ask because the system is mostly useless in a Max...it doesn’t reach to the back of the third row so everything just rolls off. Looks like it’d be fabulous in the short one, but it’s a bust in my Max.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely not that useful as a shelf in the MAX but we flip it up and use it as a fence at the rear when getting groceries so my wife doesn’t have stuff roll out on her as she opens the tailgate when parked at an incline in our driveway.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely not that useful as a shelf in the MAX but we flip it up and use it as a fence at the rear when getting groceries so my wife doesn’t have stuff roll out on her as she opens the tailgate when parked at an incline in our driveway.

Yeah. Works just fine in my Max.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah. Works just fine in my Max.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think they mean b/c the shelf doesn’t go all the way back to the third row. I haven’t tried to use mine in forever so I forget.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they mean b/c the shelf doesn’t go all the way back to the third row. I haven’t tried to use mine in forever so I forget.
Correct, if you use it as a shelf, the first time you hit the brakes, everything slides forward and off the shelf. Far from worthless but not as versitile in its use on the MAX as it is in the SWB with the rear seats up.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

My 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 has the self-unloading grocery bag feature.

What was Ford thinking when they failed to design a rear cargo net and/or fastening points in the last generation model?

Sometimes I wonder if Ford actuallly has employees test vehicles before they complete the design and feature content. One trip to the grocery store with the sloping rear floor, which causes cargo to slide back against the inside of the rear hatch, and a college intern would know a cargo management system or net is needed.