After market back up cameras 2007 EL LIMITED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denver

Reaction score
My infrequently got and bought a 2007 Ford Expedition e l Limited four-wheel drive it's very nice and clean there are two backup cameras on the back and a transmitter for Wi-Fi under the hood 903 w is the transmitter and I was wondering if anybody knew what steps I would have to go through to get this working and get the cameras to be working for me if anyone knows I greatly appreciate it

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of camera(s) are there? A random transmitter isn't going to shed much light on what camera itself is there but aside from resolution, light sensitivity, viewing angle there aren't too many other variables in them. Most universal type cams will have a standard composite output.

Is the transmitter something like this?

https://transmitter.transmitters.biz/903w-video-wifi-transmitter.html

If so those are just to output to a phone rather than an indash monitor, unless it happens to be an android radio of sorts.

If you get it to work, great, if not careful what you choose as a replacement as you'll probably need to extend the video cable, be sure to measure first, plan for going around and through things.

A full wireless camera setup seems appealing but in my experience on these longer vehicles, especially the EL or a Yukon XL they tend to be flaky due to the distance and all of the interfence between the display and the camera itself. Even the name brands struggle.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I fitted a wireless wifi camera to my daughters Ford Edge, the camera had great reviews, but after installing it, the picture quality wasn’t very good and the image becomes terrible once the car starts moving backwards, I would strongly suggest NOT using a wireless camera, get a wired camera, you will get much better results..