After market struts/ shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khammer

Reaction score
First off, the dealer is hosing you. I just put Billstiens on mine for a total of $1250, including labor for the shop to cut off a galled bolt that the dealer cross threaded last time they changed one of my rear struts under warranty.

Secondly, when my rear strut was leaking like yours I had to fight with the dealer to get it changed out because Ford told them it was only "dampness, not a full leak". Tune changes quickly out of warranty. I'd take it to a local suspension shop or a private garage that you trust and get it done there. You can get the struts on-line and just take them in. I ordered mine from a seller on Amazon and had them in 2 days.

Good luck.

Yes I thought they were out of line. I knew the CCD shocks/struts would be expensive but not that high. I mentioned I had an extended service plan, (AUL STERLING coverage does not cover the shocks) so I think they inflated the cost based on the mention of that plan. I am going to shop around and see if another dealer and private shop can provide a decent quote for repair. I will see what I can turn up the next couple of days.

The right front is leaking on the floor of the garage. My right rear is gunky and damp so sounds similar to your situation. I would have never known the rear was bad had they not done the inspection before alignment. I am also hoping they looked over the left side shocks while they were under there and those were fine.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I thought they were out of line. I knew the CCD shocks/struts would be expensive but not that high. I mentioned I had an extended service plan, (AUL STERLING coverage does not cover the shocks) so I think they inflated the cost based on the mention of that plan. I am going to shop around and see if another dealer and private shop can provide a decent quote for repair. I will see what I can turn up the next couple of days.

The right front is leaking on the floor of the garage. My right rear is gunky and damp so sounds similar to your situation. I would have never known the rear was bad had they not done the inspection before alignment. I am also hoping they looked over the left side shocks while they were under there and those were fine.
Ahh...sorry, missed that yours were CCD. I'm sure that adds quite a bit of cost, but I'd still be willing to be you can get it done for less money at a dedicated suspension shop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357