Aftermarket HU and Wiring issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLRohan

Reaction score
2006 EB

Replaced Factory Stereo with new Power Acoustik (in a pinch for time), just used the cheap wiring harness while we waited for the CRUX to be delivered. Everything worked fine, with the exception of the sub as we knew we needed the CRUX for that. When it finally came in we switched out the wiring harness and plugged everything back in, no power to new head unit. Checked fuses, still nothing. Ended up buying a PAC wiring harness with interface and rewiring everything, same issues. Ran a secondary power cable, finally got power to the HU. But still nothing at the amp and no steering wheel controls even with the interface. We're at a loss at this point, and its cold outside. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure I can offer any help. Maybe the dip switch settings were incorrect. I bought everything from Crutchfield when I swapped my headunit. I used the Crux SWRFD-60L and had no issues. The headunit powered up and the factory sub and amp worked as expected, actually worked far better than with the factory headunit. I have to say my experience with Crutchfield over the last 30yrs has been outstanding. They will spend as much time troubleshooting with you as it takes.

Here's a screenshot of the wiring diagram and dip switch settings for my 2004 EB.
1678670865500.png