Aftermarket Roof rack options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with @Jamaican Cruiser . This is why I haven't bought one. I can't fit in many of the parking garages downtown and have about 1.5" to spare in my garage with the factory crossbars. If one was made that would be exactly the height of the factory, it might be worth it. But not when some of these are $2K. Maybe it's just me, but that's a lot of coin for a rack.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That Frontrunner looks like it might be about the same height as the factory rails give or take an inch or so, but man, stuff is pricey! I just can't justify that right now. I'll keep putting my 2x4's and materials on the rails for now.

MRB14

Reaction score
At the end I decided to purchase the Rhino-Rack Vortex SX Black 2 Bar Roof Rack (waiting for them). I read really good comments about it and loved that it gives a great low profile appearance. It is worth taking a look at these roof racks, I got mine from them.

crashkid1982

Reaction score
Is there any word about the static load capacity on the Expedition somewhere?

Curious as I am under the impression 200Lbs (dynamic?) is on the higher side, and keep seeing roof tents…. but mathematically one the tent is on there, there is weight capacity for a hamster left in the tent….

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpwiseman