Aftermarket speakers, amps and subwoofer upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayzce

Reaction score
Anyone has experience upgrading their B&O-equipped Expeditions with aftermarket Amps, Speakers, and adding DSPs? Are the B&O equipped expeditions amped?

I'm looking for products that would work on the factory head unit and the possibility of upgrading the system with aftermarket amps, speakers, and DSP to make it sound better.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not dug into the Expy yet, but the Audio Control LC7i and LC8i are awesome. They can accept up to 400w so you can hook them behind the factory amp if needed. Then add what ever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can do everything or only some of it. Perhaps a little at a time. Speakers would be where I'd start, though. If you want to do it yourself, Crutchfield is a great source. They have everything you need - plus really good instructions available. Including, how to get the door panels off, trim, etc. Or - go find a really good sound shop where you live and have them do it. When talking with them, you'll want to see what they say about the install. You want them to show you pictures of their work and show you they place sound deadening behind the speakers at a min. Doesn't take much - but it helps with the sound tremendously.

Should have added - JL Audio has a sub stealhbox for EL's. Replaces the sub with one of theirs and is supposed to sound awesome. I've got one coming in for my '11.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JL Stealth Box would be a huge upgrade to the factory system. But I have not seen one for the Gen4’s yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JL stealthboxes are awesome, but they are notoriously slow in bringing them out. The W0 and W3 are great subs, not quite the W6 but still pretty awesome. I contact JL a few months ago, said they may be looking for a donor vehicle in FL soon but weren't planning production any time soon.

I used to build custom/competition stereos and the only two subs I sold/used were JL and strokers. I second the LC7i/8i, great units, super good at filtering noise and ground loops, and I've actually had pretty descent luck with JL amps.

DGeis

Reaction score
I had a local shop install a small amp with a low profile subwoofer. It is perfect for me and doesn't take up much space. Cost probably $500. I haven't done anything with the rest of the system and have no interest, just wanted a little more on the low end for the Adele and T-Swift I listen to with my girls.

af628a846ab67b6d6cb00b1285331e1a.jpg38617e7ede4d0907058aa7418ebb1250.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk