Aftermarket transmission cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stil

Reaction score
This has probably been posted before...please humor me. I appreciate a dialogue with you all :)

my dad has a 12 EL without the tow package. We’ve been thinking about adding a transmission cooler.

Is there anything specific we should look for? Can a cooler be too big and thus end up with the transmission not getting up to operate temp?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
adding a transmission cooler.
If you type "transmission cooler" in the search box top right you will find all kinds of information on it.

Also go to the towing and hauling section and put "transmission cooler" in the search box.

If you cant find the answer you were looking for come back here and post any unanswered questions.

kneedragon76

Reaction score
I bought an f150 trans cooler and it plugs right into the factory radiator brackets and trans lines. I pulled a 7k trailer all over California.

OP
OP
S

stil

Reaction score
I bought an f150 trans cooler and it plugs right into the factory radiator brackets and trans lines. I pulled a 7k trailer all over California.

Nice. Same year F150 as your Expedition? What year?