Air bag code 54

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Koenig

Reaction score
I went to a Ford dealer because the wrench light came on twice and air bag light would sometimes come on. They said the RCM is not functioning properly. The sensor asy -A part Al1z 14b321 A needed to be replaced.

So I bought it from them and installed myself with the help from YouTube.

Now I get the air bag light and it flashes 5 times then 4 times, code 54.

How do I reset it, or what do I need to do?

Thanks

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
The usual method of clearing codes without a code reader is to unhook one battery terminal for a few minutes.

OP
OP
T

Thomas Koenig

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried that and I took Connector to the negative terminal off and connected to the positive terminal.

I saw on the F150 forum a method to clear code 54 by shorting out the Diagnostic "Trouble Code Clear" Connector which is a gray connector under the glovebox.
https://airbagcode.com/ford-f-150/54
  1. Follow the diagnostic procedures to service the fault condition flashing on the air bag indicator prior to code clearing.
  2. Cycle the ignition switch to OFF and then to RUN.
  3. Observe air bag indicator prove-out (six ? two seconds) followed by diagnostic trouble code (52-85) flashing completely one time.
  4. Locate the Diagnostic "Trouble Code Clear" Connector (grey connector). located underneath the glove compartment, left side (06010) containing Circuits 631 (T/R) and 57 (BK).
  5. Use a jumper wire to short Circuit 631 (T/R) to Circuit 57 (BK) or to another good ground. This short must be made after the diagnostic trouble code flashes completely one time, but before the warning light stays on continuously.
  6. Hold short until air bag diagnostic monitor tone sounds (approximately five seconds).
  7. Release short on Circuit 631 (T/R) to Circuit 57 (BK). This short must be released within 25 seconds after the diagnostic monitor tone sounds.

I could not find it on my 2010 expedition. Does anyone know where it is?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360