Air bag suspension for 2015 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grey2112

Reaction score
I was thinking of adding air bags to the rear suspension on my 2015 Expedition EL since I tow about 8000 pounds (Boat).

But for the life of me I cannot find any air bags anywhere for the 2015. Is it possible that you cannot add air bags for this year (and 2016-17) models? Is it due to the new independent rear suspension?

Kwik SC

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a chance to look underneath the truck yet but if you cant find a kit do you think something like this will work? Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Spring Kits

Since I plan to tow my Lightning to the track, im worried about the rear sagging without the added support. I'm also curious to see what will work.

OP
OP
G

grey2112

Reaction score
Dunno - I may have to take the Expedition to a specialty truck shop that does lift kits, etc. and have them give it some thought.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No air kit available. The factory system is hydraulic and a direct swap that can be done for under 700 bucks less labor. all bolt in and all self contained.

OP
OP
G

grey2112

Reaction score
No air kit available. The factory system is hydraulic and a direct swap that can be done for under 700 bucks less labor. all bolt in and all self contained.

Really? Is it automatic as well?

Would you consider this to be a good addition/solution to my problem? When I put the tongue of the trailer down on the ball, it pushes the rear end down about 2 inches. I'd really rather not have to go to a WDH.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I am finding NOTHING for suspension upgrades of any sort for the 2015 and later Expeditions. Even Ford factory I can't find a thing.

its weird,
maybe because of the CCD suspensions options from ford

on a side note, got my paid in full email from ford just now.....

Last edited: