Air Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lots of assumptions here. Amazing how stupid Ford engineers have gotten.
lets not lay the blame there, they were probably told to do something they didn't want to do because of price, size, placement or a million other things.

Craig Payne

Reaction score
My 2 cents. I just use OEM parts and buy them right from the Ford website. Once a year, every year, usually in January, I replace the Engine Air Filter, the Cabin Air Filter, and all wiper blades, all at the same time. I live in a very dusty climate and we take a lot of road trips though so I suppose some might not need to replace them that much. For me though, it's an easy to remember way to keep these components regularly replaced and I've never had a point where I've felt like a filter wasn't "working" the way it should.

stil

Reaction score
I use motor craft or wix filters only. And wix is my first choice.

Is it true you’re only supposed to use motor craft on these turbo motors? Something about slowing some oil to remain in the engine?

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it true you’re only supposed to use motor craft on these turbo motors? Something about slowing some oil to remain in the engine?
Motorcraft has a good anti-drain down valve in it that retains the oil in the upper part of the engine so it doesn't have to refill every time it starts but it's not the only one that does. Some filters have none, some are better than others, but Motorcraft is a sure bet.