Air Intake Temp Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekrsq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the Air Intake Temp Sensor, along with my MAP sensor and IAC. For the life of me, I cannot get the damn Air Intake Temp sensor to come out of the rubber boot. Is there a trick or "proper procedure" to get this thing out ?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It just pulls out. Maybe some previous owner glued it in there? But normally it just pulls out. Why are you replacing all this stuff ? What codes are you getting?

It's just barbed and should pull out ....
DY735-FRO__ra_p.jpg

OP
OP
tekrsq

tekrsq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It just pulls out. Maybe some previous owner glued it in there? But normally it just pulls out. Why are you replacing all this stuff ? What codes are you getting?

It's just barbed and should pull out ....
View attachment 73646

I know it's just barbed, but it absolutely REFUSES to come out. lol. I guess I'll spray some silicone in there to see if I can loosen it up. I just wondered if there was a specific trick to it.

No codes. I'm just in the process of some preventative maintenance. She just turned over 200,000, and just giving her some love in hopes of another 200,000. lol. Although, I admit, it has had some stuttering at idle recently, so I figured it's probably time for a new IAC anyway.

I have a bunch of new parts (not just engine stuff) that I'm replacing as I get time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360