Air Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landrover 96

Reaction score
Air suspension to replace or not to replace that is the question

The only reason why I'm thinking on swaping it over to the coil suspension it that the kit on rock autos website is only $188 and around July next year I'm going off to college so I would rather not have it fail wile I'm away from home. Also my expo has 202k on it and will need to eventually have the motor swapped because it has low compression in 2 cyl so I would rather save money for whenever I need to swap in a new motor. Also I only tow a small 1 axle trailer and then maybe when I go to college a car trailer to tow up my other car with me. Will the expo ride any different with the spring and coils compared to the air suspension?

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only reason why I'm thinking on swaping it over to the coil suspension it that the kit on rock autos website is only $188 and around July next year I'm going off to college so I would rather not have it fail wile I'm away from home. Also my expo has 202k on it and will need to eventually have the motor swapped because it has low compression in 2 cyl so I would rather save money for whenever I need to swap in a new motor. Also I only tow a small 1 axle trailer and then maybe when I go to college a car trailer to tow up my other car with me. Will the expo ride any different with the spring and coils compared to the air suspension?

My 08 is different than yours of course, I only have rear air, but everybody tells me that I will never know the difference. You know, "everybody", the smart people that don't drive or tow with my truck with air suspension every day. They can always tell you what you're going to be able to feel though... My uncle has an 09 limited w/o RSC/air and there IS a difference, especially with a trailer.

Is the difference enough to keep piling money at the system once expensive problems start appearing? In most cases I would agree that it's not. Until the day I think the ride isn't worth the cost, I'm keeping mine.

For your case, peace of mind and ability to react to issues is probably enough to switch.

Landrover 96

Reaction score
Thanks, I think depending on how much it cost to do the labor for it I might go and get the kit and have my mechanic install it. Depending on what happens and if I do switch I will give a review on how it ride from the air suspension

Landrover 96

Reaction score
Air suspension failuer

So the other night driving my expedition the compression decided it did not want to work anymore. And right now I am in the process of trying to get ride of my expediton for something better on gas. I was just thinking on ordering the kit for the 4 corner 4x4 kit and swaping it out myself with the help of a few buddy's. The thing is is that I really don't wantl to have to lower the price even more than I have mine up for sale but if I can sell it as is it's less work for me. If anyone want a cheap expo for part I'll sell it for $1200-$1400. Still haven't really decide a price.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do I know if I have air suspension or not? I've looked under there and I don't see anything that looks like airbags. The rear has a coil spring and shocks. The front has torsion bars and shocks.

The front passenger kick panel has a label for the air suspension switch but I don't see anything. And I'm guessing since you need to switch it off for towing and raising the truck on a lift, the switch would be easy to access and you don't need to remove the kick panel.

Possible my Eddie Bauer doesn't have air suspension?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I know if I have air suspension or not? I've looked under there and I don't see anything that looks like airbags. The rear has a coil spring and shocks. The front has torsion bars and shocks.

The front passenger kick panel has a label for the air suspension switch but I don't see anything. And I'm guessing since you need to switch it off for towing and raising the truck on a lift, the switch would be easy to access and you don't need to remove the kick panel.

Possible my Eddie Bauer doesn't have air suspension?

then u don't have bags...if u see springs...u have springs

AAS-1

Reaction score
Strutmasters...arnott...suncore

.....and American Air Suspension. :favorites37:

The ONLY place that gives Cash back after an Expedition or Navigator Air Suspension Conversion.

0306EXPEDP-2T.jpg

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sorta lost. I have a 2006 king ranch 2wd with all 4 air bags under it, what will I need to complete this including keeping the check suspension light off dash from glowing,
I want to convert to coil over struts, what better brand for towing and such, reasonable prices I'm looking for too. The air struts on the front have both been rebuilt from ford but still leak so I'm done with them.