Air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndwave

Reaction score
looking to replace my air struts with new air struts. What brands do you recommend? I have approx 180,000 on factory struts. There is also excessive outer edge tire wear on the right front only. This has been going on for some time. Needless to say I have had the front end checked and they said it has to do with the struts. Any ideas on that? I don’t want to replace the tires until I figure this out. Thanks!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your suspensions worn, whether it be ball joints, tie rod ends etc, the tires can't keep a solid adjustment. Same goes for worn shocks to a point. Usually worn shocks/struts cause a lipped or scalloped tire due to bouncing down the roadway. Tire wear on the outside or inside of the first two inches is caused by the toe adjustment being off. Couple that with worn parts or control arm bushings being worn will do it every time. I'd maybe look into a different shop that can do a full front end as well as rear inspection. These SUVs are very hard on suspension parts. I had to replace my idler arm and pitman arm at only 68,000 miles. You should have seen the movement when the alignment tech rocked my wheels left to right.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk