AirBag Light Code 42 Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSVT#49

Reaction score
I am in the rust belt... north Twin Cities in MN. I own five vehicles and this is the first one I had that I've needed to replace all of the lines on. This is also one of my newer vehicles. Perhaps I should park it and drive the Contour year round or the Camaro lol.

That said the new sensor did the job. Not impressed. Also I ended up cleaning the mounting stud, which I did prior to replacing the sensor. However that alone did not fix the issue.

lmg4513

Reaction score
My 2003 Ford Expedition air bag sensor is flashing code 4 2. Is the air bag sensor an easy fix? Where is it located

lmg4513

Reaction score
MY 2003 Ford Expedition air bag sensor is flashing a code 42. Can anyone tell me where exactly where the sensor is located co I can check for corrosion. And what the part number is in case I need to replace it?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe theirs 3, 1 behind one of the front fenders, the other 2, are in the side columns. That's the normal spots. Sorry not set up for part #s. As usual buy a quality part, dealer is preferred, but top shelf aftermarket if not. Not a part you'd want to fail when you need it to activate.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk