All Terrain tire choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SoCalStig

Reaction score
I currently have the LTX M/S2s on the Expedition. I think they have still have some life left in them, tread-wise. As mentioned above, I don't know how old the tires are. I bought the vehicle salvage title and had it repaired. I took it to my local Ford dealership prior to taking it on a drive to Vegas last year, so that the belts & hoses could be checked/changed, and so that it could get a "once over" prior to a long desert drive. The only thing they recommended changing was the tires because of their "age".
By the way, doing some tire pricing comparisons, the cheapest installed place that I found was my local Ford dealership. They were a good $20 cheaper than the next cheapest option that I could find (including having Tire Rack send them to me).
Again, thank you for the input.

CrimsonKing

Reaction score
Not sure if you are still looking, but I have Cooper Discoverer a/t3's on my expedition as well as on the wifes Nitro and have been extremely pleased.

Axle Folly

Reaction score
We had the Michelin LTX M/S2 on our '04 suburban and they were great. Apparently we were a bit spoiled with them, because on Christmas Eve we ended up in the neighbors yard with the stock 22-inch Perelli Scorpion Verde "All Season" tires that came on our 2017 Expedition EL! Quickly re-tooled after that scare so now for the winter we're running 18-inch Bridgestone Blizzak studless snow tires and they are awesome in the periodic Seattle snow and ice, though not as good on wet pavement.

Plati

Reaction score
I started out with Firestone Destination A/T's but they didn't float my boat
So I bought Kumho Road Venture AT51's ... like them better
Then I bought Falcon Wildpeak AT3W's ... my favorite so far!

Of course, tires are very personal depending on your driving needs
I do a lot of interstate driving, summer & winter, big factor
and need something heavy SNOW rated also, big factor
summer might find me on Forest Service roads too, another factor

I went to LT rated tires so I could get more tread depth. Many people poo poo that move saying not needed, but I like the tread depth and beefed up sidewall. If you go to LT tires, you have to determine the appropriate tire pressure .. easily doable but not trivial for a newbie. I run 44-48 psi in my Falcon's on my 2003 XLT.

Reaction score
I put NITTO Ridge Grapplers on my 2016. winter/off-road traction is great plus they look cool. was anticipating this but - huge change in the ride. with the 20" rims, E load range and 48 psi recommended inflation my truck now rides like the tires are filled with concrete. a little bit rougher ride is ok but everything in the interior of the car rattles now. if you are going to put on all-terrain tires consider switching out the 20" rims if you have them.