Allowed to sell 2022 Expedition Max Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Chrysler Pacifica for $1,000 UNDER list. Its arriving at the dealer this month as it was an "in transit" vehicle. People paying over MSRP are losing their azz.

I agree, but as long as there are buyers at the inflated prices dealers will keep doing it. I talked to a guy yesterday that had the dealer give him $3,500 just to walk away from his new truck coming in next week. I guess they had someone willing to pay even more.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just saw a guy selling a low mile F250 on marketplace and he had the balls to post the window sticker to show the options it had, but it also showed that NEW it cost $10K LESS than what he was asking for it with 15,000 miles on it. lol. he got blasted by many.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, but as long as there are buyers at the inflated prices dealers will keep doing it. I talked to a guy yesterday that had the dealer give him $3,500 just to walk away from his new truck coming in next week. I guess they had someone willing to pay even more.
Dealer near me is selling 3 similarly optioned f-150’s each for 10k, 20k, 30k over msrp, msrp is about 60k. I called and asked about it. He said they only have 3, and it’s a hot item, they have people willing to pay that much.
Funny enough, they cannot finance 2 of them at that price. 110-125% is the max most lenders will do, I asked, he said hasn’t been an issue, a lot more cash down than before.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking at getting a Maverick for a "commuter" car and they are really tough to get and preorders sold out really fast. I talked to a few dealers and they all told me that any they end up with on the lot they are selling OVER msrp no matter what. I guess if people are willing to do it they will keep getting away with it. I wasn't going to play that game.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dodge monitors this closer with their Hellcats, so the dealers sell them to their employees and then put them on the lot as "used" with 50 miles on them and mark them up $30K. Its beyond annoying.