Ambiant temp wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goBogo

Reaction score
Hello all,
My 2015 reads the outside temp too high.
I replaced the ambiant temp sensor(above and behind on top of radiator), and it still reads my outside temp high!
This causes my electric fan to run a lot more than it should.
My water temp gauge is reading normal.
Please give me some advice and answers.
Thanks, all,
Bo

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you the original owner ? Can you post a pic of where it's mounted now ? It should be out front of the condenser, like the first thing incoming air hits. Usually in the top left corner ( looking at the front of the vehicle...) . But a lot of times when there's accident damage repair, the shops forget to put all these sensors back in the correct location.

Attachments

• 1628352679573.png
    1628352679573.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Expedition_Navigator 2015+ - Body Panel System - Front End Body Panels.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

goBogo

Reaction score
Looking at the engine compartment. It is on the left side of radiator on top, behind the rad. Under the plastic cover panel.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all,
My 2015 reads the outside temp too high.
I replaced the ambiant temp sensor(above and behind on top of radiator), and it still reads my outside temp high!
This causes my electric fan to run a lot more than it should.
My water temp gauge is reading normal.
Please give me some advice and answers.
Thanks, all,
Bo

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new. The ambient air temperature sensor is mounted on the right side (passenger) radiator core support in front of the a/c condenser (not on top of the radiator or on top of the a/c condenser).

Did you replace the sensor with a Motorcraft sensor, or did you buy an aftermarket one?

Did you examine the wiring harness connector, to see if the wiring or connector is damaged, or corroded (corrosion is common as it is in the front of the a/c condenser and water passes over it during rain, snow, etc.).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360