Amusing observation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cmiles97, Apr 8, 2019.

1. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Full Access Members

The signal mirrors on the expy don’t make sense to me and I don’t like the design. If they were like the Super Duty or Explorer and had the amber light facing forward it’d make more sense.

It’s kind of like the GM ones with the arrow in the glass. Very little functional value compared to the other designs out there, mostly cosmetic.

cmiles97 likes this.
  2. Adieu

Adieu Full Access Members

It's so the guy in your blindspot can see your intent to imminently sideswipe him

cmiles97 and Trainmaster like this.
  3. powerboatr

powerboatr Full Access Members

my 16 has turn signal yellow lights in the mirrors, must a higher model build. mine is a kr

4. cmiles97

cmiles97 Full Access Members

I don't need the mirror LEDs. I always signal & look over my shoulder BEFORE switching a lane. It's a survival skill on a motorcycle and just a good habit as I've prevented many an accident by looking 1st. This '17 Expedition has excellent sight lines, not sure of the new model.

I do think the leds in the mirror and blind spot monitoring is making driver's less skilled. Most don't even look over their shoulder anymore. What if both have failed? The driver thinks everything is "ok" and switches lanes without looking.

5. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Full Access Members

The sight lines in the new model aren’t nearly as good and there are more blind spots. Less glass space.

I also just had a rental 19’ Yukon XL on my recent trip. Tiny mirrors and awful blind spots, much less safe than an expy despite the blind spot warning. You couldn’t see and that blind spot went off at random times. They sacrificed function for appearance.

ColoExpdn likes this.
  6. Dorzak

Dorzak Full Access Members

I think there is two things being discussed here. Blind spot indicators and turn signal blinkers on the mirror. I have the turn signal not the blind spot indicator.

7. lbv150

lbv150 Full Access Members

Back off from the vehicle in front and guess what? Less sandblasting of the windshield and front of the hood.....