Android auto problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJAucutt

Reaction score
I have been following this thread and am pretty lost. For my '18 EX Max Limited (53K), I ordered a Nav update from Ford. The instructions said to insert their thumb drive into one of the front USB ports. Nothing happened. I have a USB charging cord that lights up when powered. If I plug it into any of the 2nd row ports, it lights up. It does not light up when plugged into either of the front ports. Is there such a thing as a data-only USB port, such that the charging cord shouldn't light up when plugged into the front ports? If the front ports are data-only, how can I check them?

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been following this thread and am pretty lost. For my '18 EX Max Limited (53K), I ordered a Nav update from Ford. The instructions said to insert their thumb drive into one of the front USB ports. Nothing happened. I have a USB charging cord that lights up when powered. If I plug it into any of the 2nd row ports, it lights up. It does not light up when plugged into either of the front ports. Is there such a thing as a data-only USB port, such that the charging cord shouldn't light up when plugged into the front ports? If the front ports are data-only, how can I check them?
How did you order a map update for a 2018? Sync 3 maps are updated through Ford software updates found here: