Another fuse box replacement ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Received a reply from FUEL RELAY REPAIR SERVICE (ebay).

Two prices:
$67.99 only replace fuel pump relay.
$126.99 replace fuel pump relay, test every fuse and relays

Ad shows greater than 13 days repair turnaround.
You pay shipping to repair service.
Free return shipping.

IMPORTANT: The repaired fuse box will have a fuel relay
with a 30 amp rating.

.​

Last edited:

Mota32gd

Reaction score
I am new to the whole Ford world but I just bought 2004 Eddie Bauer 5.4 L 4x2 that I believe has HD towing package a few weeks ago to tow my 26' travel trailer. A lot of my electrical devices don't work. The power 3rd row seats, door locks, hatch glass, I think it has power cargo glass vents (I haven't found the switch for yet) rear window wiper, dvd player and maybe others that I'm forgetting. After asking on this forum I was given electrical diagrams for seats and door locks when I started checking the fuses I noticed the fuse panel flopping around not even bolted th the posts. The fuses were good and had 12 volts on one leg when I checked w my meter. I did the relay swap at the b pillar area where the seat relays are for the blower relay which is working but seats still don't work. Then went back to switches in the back. Pulled the plugs and cleaned the posts still mo seat action. With all the other systems not working I think it's got to have a common cause. Please tell me this all can be solved with a simple and cheap fix.

jerry_03

Reaction score
hey dont mean to hijack this thread but I just replaced my fuel pump relay (R303) on my board. However my vehicle still isnt turning over. 2003 with Fuse box 2L1T-14A067AP. The fuse was pretty well burnt out and the top layer of the PCB came off while removing the relay (i'll post pics later). Did my best to clean it up and put in a new omron fuse in. Reinstalled the box and still wont start up.

Trying to think if it could be the the PCB board being toast (or more precisely the traces where the burnt relay was) or could just be the fuel pump itself?

OP
OP
Hamfisted

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you getting good fuel pressure at the fuel rail with the key ON ? Sometimes the fusebox just can't be saved.

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My car wouldn't start and found I have the dreaded fuse box issue. My mechanic is looking for a used replacement locally. But called FordFuseBox and they have them in-stock. If my mechanic has no luck locally, I'm definitely going to give FordFuseBox a try.

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My mechanic found two correct part number replacement fuse boxes in two Expeditions in the local salvage yard. But, both were scorched / melted and unusable. So, I went ahead and just ordered a replacement from Ford Fuse Box. Should arrive in 1 to 2 days.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are getting more than a replacement fuse box. Relays have been updated to the new standard to prevent melting.

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well - I ordered the replacement fuse box from Ford Fuse Box online by entering my VIN # so that they could choose and send the correct one for my Ford. I paid for the expedited shipping (1-2 day delivery). The correct one for my Ford did indeed arrive in 2 days at my mechanics shop on the East Coast from Ford Fuse Box's location on the West Coast. My mechanic installed it without any problems. I am supposed to pick it up today (When my Ford quit, I was visiting my father in my hometown which is 3 hours by car from where I live. Luckily, I have a trusted mechanic there in my hometown that I have known for years that I could leave it with.)

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up my 2003 Ford Expedition with the refurbished fuse box from FordFuseBox.com. I drove it home and is working like a champ. I looked at the old fuse box the mechanic pulled out and it is definitely melted where the fuel pump relay plugs in. All is well at 214,000 miles.