Another retrofit started. RX350!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 28037
This does not look normal. I’ve never seen any car that has that drastic of a difference in being level. I bought SL1s for my 2016 and they look better than that??

Thats the proper-legal way it's done, actually

And remember these are trucks, they start from a high point...not like a 3series/cklasse/is with it's projector located well below the knee

I think your alignment is off because that light line is not straight at all

We drive on the right, so the left projector is dipped with a step down to avoid blinding low oncoming traffic

Looks like it’s out of vertical alignment. Stock cars have a clear crisp distinct line tht has no driver side break. I have projectors and from factory and after I installed SL1s it has retained a crisp straight line

Yeah cuz your factory setup is fairly adjustible.... so your own lack of proper adjustment is because you and/or your dealer or mechanic or whoever didn't dial it in, or actually went in and UN-did it on purpose "to straighten it"

Last edited:

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't tint the switchback strip which is why I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the tint. The strip looks so lonely and just stands out so I was also thinking about a partial tint. Maybe cut a stripe out of the tint to leave clear roughly the width of the strip or even 2 stripes cut(front to back).

Lit up its still very bright but can obviously tell its tinted.
E338396A-329C-4717-AC09-9789195372DB.jpeg You mean like this? I don’t think it would look bad that way, never easy to tell if something would look right without actually doing it, but I think it would be enough to draw the eye from the lone spot of color on the headlight without being overwhelming.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
View attachment 28374 You mean like this? I don’t think it would look bad that way, never easy to tell if something would look right without actually doing it, but I think it would be enough to draw the eye from the lone spot of color on the headlight without being overwhelming.
Yes similar to that. I'll see what I can come up with today

Zero Offset

Reaction score
Looks perfect as is to me. JMHO. What would you charge for a pair of these? Would be interested in buying a pair from you exactly like this. Please feel free to DM me. Nice work.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Looks perfect as is to me. JMHO. What would you charge for a pair of these? Would be interested in buying a pair from you exactly like this. Please feel free to DM me. Nice work.

The same for me

With the plethora of pm's ive gotten about these it's really making me want to start offering simple builds.