Any 30'+ Travel Trailer owners out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also thinking I could raise the bars to shift some weight up there since it looks like I still have a couple hundred free pounds up there.
Balancing out your axles won't just get you back within spec, your rig will steer better, bounce less, and sway less too.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, great feedback- will try changing trailer tires and tuning hitch setup first. GD 265bh came with Westlake China bomb tires. The toyhauler seems to have better.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I recommend a good tire pressure monitoring system. I found a screw during a routine inspection at a gas stop while towing 7K from Houston to Florida. The screw was on top, or else I might have experienced a blowout. Pressure was already down 10 psi when I found it.

Having said that, I did experience a blowout on another trip. It may have been due to curbing a tire a few hours prior while parking on a street. It sounded like a boot kicked the bottom of the truck. There was no trailer damage or adverse impact to handling, just a ton of noise. My wife and I were in the middle of nowhere. Luckily I had everything I needed to change the tire, but for the remainder of the trip I was deathly afraid of getting another blowout since everything was closed. Good times.