Any button unlocks doors from keypad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBbear127

Reaction score
For whatever reason if any button is pressed on my keypad all the doors unlock. 7/8-9/0 still lock the doors but any single button pressed unlocks the doors. Has anyone else experienced this?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For whatever reason if any button is pressed on my keypad all the doors unlock. 7/8-9/0 still lock the doors but any single button pressed unlocks the doors. Has anyone else experienced this?

Did you read your vehicle owner’s manual?

OP
OP
D

DBbear127

Reaction score
Yes... that is what brought me here for insight. I didn’t see the warning... for sarcasm post here.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes... that is what brought me here for insight. I didn’t see the warning... for sarcasm post here.

No sarcasm.

It would have helped if you posted the year, make, model and trim line of your vehicle.

Intelligent key system with push-button start, or actual metal key?

Questions posed on this forum are often answered in the vehicle owner’s manual.

OP
OP
D

DBbear127

Reaction score
2015 Expedition EL Limited, intelligent key with push button start. With the vehicle locked, if you press any single keypad button the vehicle unlocks. Simultaneously pressing 7-8/9-0 will still lock but any keypad button will unlock. Curious if this is a keypad issue or a deeper issue with the security system.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 Expedition EL Limited, intelligent key with push button start. With the vehicle locked, if you press any single keypad button the vehicle unlocks. Simultaneously pressing 7-8/9-0 will still lock but any keypad button will unlock. Curious if this is a keypad issue or a deeper issue with the security system.

The vehicle sensor recognizes the intelligent key, and pushing any one button on the 5-button key pad will unlock the doors.

Pushing the last two buttons simultaneously will cause the doors to lock (with or without the key).

Entering the original Ford 5-digit programmed code, or a code programmed by the vehicle user, will enable the user to unlock the vehicle.

If you are concerned that the vehicle is unlocking by simply pushing one keypad button, move the intelligent key(s) a significant distance from the vehicle and see if it will unlock (while locked).