anybody have pics with 275 60 20's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patsfan4lif

Reaction score
Thts what I figured but I doubt you’ll be able to really tell a difference in a tire that’s gonna give you maybe .5” top and bottom

OP
OP
M

mcloven

Reaction score
currently i have the 275 55 20's Hancook dynapro all terrain. i would like to have a more aggressive, taller tire. i don't really want to do a lift, if i did, it would be something minimal like a 1.5f/1 rear. i tow a lot so i want to keep some rake in it. i also drive a lot so i want something that still handles fairly well on the curvy roads of the ozarks. I'm basically looking for the best of both worlds. I think that any tire over 33 inches i would want to regear and i would like to avoid that if i can but i may do eventually. i know that the 275 60 is just about 1 inch taller and that doesn't seem like much, but i am thinking that it may be just enough to accomplish what i am going for. all the pics i find are with much larger tires.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What your trying to accomplish with a half size on the aspect ratio or in laymen's terms go from a 55 to 60 might do what you want, but will throw off your speedo reading, and raise your gear ratio a smidge. You should be ok on clearances front and rear. What year is the Expedition? Always post that info along with motor size, in your case only the year just in case things are different between years. One last thing although minor, going to a 60 aspect will make your SUV slightly less stiffer going through corners, as sidewall is spongier. On the plus side, it should be nicer over bumps/potholes.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Patsfan4lif

Reaction score
What your trying to accomplish with a half size on the aspect ratio or in laymen's terms go from a 55 to 60 might do what you want, but will throw off your speedo reading, and raise your gear ratio a smidge. You should be ok on clearances front and rear. What year is the Expedition? Always post that info along with motor size, in your case only the year just in case things are different between years. One last thing although minor, going to a 60 aspect will make your SUV slightly less stiffer going through corners, as sidewall is spongier. On the plus side, it should be nicer over bumps/potholes.

Going up 1” isn’t gonna do shit to the speedo. Maybe 0.5mph difference. I went to 35s and mine was off by maybe 2mph.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you say so. But theirs a reason both tire manufactures and the car dealers themselves recommend keeping the height the same as designed originally. 4 wheel drive vehicles in particular are very sensitive that tire depth is close on all 4 because of all wheel and 4 wheel drive. Do us all a favor please and keep the profanities to yourself. We try to keep the forum clean for all reading it. Thanks.

D Derr

Reaction score
Going up 1” isn’t gonna do shit to the speedo. Maybe 0.5mph difference. I went to 35s and mine was off by maybe 2mph.
Going from a 275/55-20 to a 275/60-20 will change the speedo by about 3.4%. So, if your speedo is correct with the 55 aspect ratio tires, after the change to 60's, 70 mph indicated would be 72.4. This is totally by calculation and different tires will vary a bit from the strict height calculations. But, it will be close to that; so a small difference.