Anyone still have their OEM sway bars stuck in a corner of the shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After a long a torturous relationship, I am finally pulling the plug.

When my POS gets back from the dealership I am selling it.
I love it. I hate it.

I am taking off a lot of the “upgrades” and returning it to as close to OEM as practical, to make it more mainstream marketable.

I tossed my OEM sway bars (because they suck) thinking I would be keeping this thing for many years to come. But now I am thinking maybe it would appeal to a broader buyer-base with a more squishy “lux” ride?
What are everyone’s thoughts on that.
And then I would need to find one of you that still had your old OEM ones in the corner somewhere, willing to sell them to me. (Buying “new” ones from Ford is definitely NOT an option)

I guess I need to make a list of custom items, and determine what to leave on it, and what to remove. Some of which may be worth selling to this group.

Have I mentioned how much I wanted this thing to be a good long-term truck?
:emotions122:

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bummer dude! Sorry you have had so many problems! My FIL's Toyota Highlander has been in the shop more than any vehicle I have ever owned, so I don't think Toyota is immune to issues. Toyota does seem to care about the issues they are having either.

Anyway, I wouldn't change the sway bar. I doubt anyone will notice unless they have been driving a lot of expeditions and can compare. My friends limited with the 22's feels way stiffer than my xlt with 18's, I notice but he doesn't think mine feels different.

I am sure you will be able to unload some of your other aftermarket pieces though. Curious but what ARB air do you have and is it mounted onboard?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After a long a torturous relationship, I am finally pulling the plug.

When my POS gets back from the dealership I am selling it.
I love it. I hate it.

I am taking off a lot of the “upgrades” and returning it to as close to OEM as practical, to make it more mainstream marketable.

I tossed my OEM sway bars (because they suck) thinking I would be keeping this thing for many years to come. But now I am thinking maybe it would appeal to a broader buyer-base with a more squishy “lux” ride?
What are everyone’s thoughts on that.
And then I would need to find one of you that still had your old OEM ones in the corner somewhere, willing to sell them to me. (Buying “new” ones from Ford is definitely NOT an option)

I guess I need to make a list of custom items, and determine what to leave on it, and what to remove. Some of which may be worth selling to this group.

Have I mentioned how much I wanted this thing to be a good long-term truck?
:emotions122:
I’m sure somebody who lives near you would be willing to take theirs off and put yours on. It would be a nice free upgrade.

OP
OP
NukeLife

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:peace:
That’s outside-the-box thinking right there. LOL.

I would actually do that—as easy as they are to swap. I mean, I don’t need them anymore, right?
The strut spacers? Yeah, you’re on your own there. :rotflmao:

Anybody near Charlotte want free Helwigs?

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@NukeLife I feel your pain. The Hellwig swaybars made a huge difference but the truck still bounces like....a truck. I wish there was a way to fine tune the magnetic shocks. That would make a huge difference.

I'm getting parking sensor errors, seat belt air bag errors, rear folding seat motor issues, Ford Sync, etc... all less than 24k miles.

The local Ford store had my truck for three weeks and the only thing they 'fixed' was updating the PCM for the cam phasers. With the current market, I'm keeping it until 2025, when my Ford ESP ends.

There's no full sized SUV better for towing other than the Navigator, but that's a different set of problems as @Deadman could probably discuss.