Anyone use CBD for Health reasons?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jeff kushner, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Eagle 71

Eagle 71 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jeff, I feel your pain – literally.

Back in the day, (early ‘90s) I got the worst ear/sinus block when flying. Go Navy! When I landed, the flight doc prescribed some 10mg Maxalt (Rizatriptan) and since that episode, to this day, that is the ONLY painkiller that has ever worked for me when this reoccurs on a real bad basis. (For info, a ‘real bad’ episode feels like a wiseguy just shoved an icepick behind the left ear.). Anyway, since that episode, whenever I get the feeling that a cluster headache is coming on, I immediately pop two extra strength Excedrin and squeeze some Afrin in my left nostril, and I’m (usually) good to go. A frozen gel pad on the back of the head near the left mastoid behind the ear if need be. When the above doesn’t work, out come the Maxalt.

(For info, my pain clinic doc has diagnosed my condition as cluster headaches instead of migraines.)

Through the years, I realize that the Maxalt tablets are ‘silver bullets’. My pain clinic doc told me though to treat them as such, based on the stroke side effect you mentioned earlier.

Bottom line, diet, exercise, OTC drugs and Maxalt have kept this bitch at bay for me. That said, I have never taken any of the cannabis drugs previously mentioned – ever. But hey, if it works for others, who am I to disagree?

2. Eagle 71

stamp, I don’t appreciate your flippant woodstock reference and use of illegal drugs to deal with Jeff’s pain. Reason: between Woodstock’s 15-18 Aug 1969 timeframe, 109 military brothers of mine were killed in Vietnam.

3. lvcjt702

lvcjt702 Full Access Members

And the people at Woodstock were responsible how? Did those soldiers die from cannabis inhalation?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

4. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members

It's okay Eagle(Go Navy), Stamp didn't mean any disrespect to me and none was taken. He has the unenviable task of reining us members in occasionally....he gets a lot of leeway for that!

Cuban Missiles, Soviet Warships, Woodstock, War protesters, Kent State, Burning of American Cities, Civil rights, Moon landing, .....rock & roll, "free sex", .....a lot of interesting times in our lifetimes, we are fortunate to be witness to such amazing history as it unfolded.....and horrible tragedies too but history does not conspire, nor collude....maybe harboring anger at one historical for the results of another isn't a fair assessment? I do not speak for anyone else though.....our life experiences are our own.

jeff

5. MrSticker

MrSticker Full Access Members

We all have a lot of history & not all of it makes a lot of sense in retrospect … or maybe it does depending on your perspective feelings opinions. Nobody really has to explain themselves IMHO if they don't want.

I think MrEagle was motivated (not sure what the right word is) by Country Joe's ani-vietnam war protest song at Woodstock. Later down the road … Country Joe McDonald was very much a supporter of Veterans. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1986-02-24-ca-11604-story.html

My sister was at Woodstock, her husband was in Vietnam!!

I am fairly certain that MrStamp's post had absolutely nothing to do with Vietnam.
    It was probably intended to be funny, something we all need more of!
    Never know, might have been serious --- now THAT would be funny :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  6. Eagle 71

The whole premise of Woodstock – a gaggle of kids with college deferments either drunk or doped up trying to enjoy themselves while men the same age were fighting and dying a half a world away – has always been a hot-button issue with me. Hence, my initial reply.

That all said: Stamp, et al., apologize for my reply from yesterday – it was over the top and off-topic.

MrSticker likes this.
  7. jeff kushner

It's all good guys....I belong(ed) to maybe 50 different forums as part of my hobbies over the years. I have joined them because Forums quite often are the best source for "quick-studying" a subject. I would get a new model, say a '75 CB400F.....join the forum and begin reading, then 4 hrs later, be ready to begin or at least be ready to ask the necessary questions.

This Forum is one of the best because the guys, while very different in backgrounds and beliefs, MAKE IT GOOD!

That's how it works....if the Site owner or Mods try to make a forum good, they end up ruining it...every single time. I've also seen forums set up to provide the owner income....by being "The Forums Part Supplier". You know how it goes....it's all BS and runs off the rails sooner or later...happening now on the XJ Yamaha forum.

A good forum is only good because of the people who have the good sense to act right and treat one another right..... No Mod can "make" that happen.

The mods here, don't try......

BTW- last migraine was 6/26-27.... 5 days

jeff

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Eagle 71 likes this.
  8. 17limited

17limited Member

Cbd/thc full spectrum for crohns disease for me, does really well

9. jeff kushner

Glad it works for you 17. I actually with CBD, PT,exercises got to 6-7 days between for 2 weeks then I got migraines two-three days in a row then 6 days between for 2 more weeks?!?

Even got two in a row on vacation last week....not caused by stress, that's for sure....hell I gave the Smoky mountains extra smoke.....then I got two more migraines this week!

Like every "cure"....I had hopes......

No, I won't type it......LOL

jeff