Anyone with a 8" lift Rize Industry lift for 2004 Expo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
mindgame

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Almost... After I got the wheels aligned, took the expy for a ride on the freeway..

At 55mph a loud rattling noise appeared... Soo all this week been working to locate the issue... (I even installed a video cam under the car at various locations to see if anything was out of balanced)...

Finally made a breakthru tonight...

Once the rattling started at 55mph, I played with the 4AWD control. It rattled even louder!!!...

Brought the car down to 50ish when there was NO rattle. Flipped the switch from 2H to 4AWD, the rattled started. Flipped to 2H, rattle disappeared. Flipped to 4AWD rattling started.

I pulled over and unplugged the vacuum connectors to the rear front hubs. Took the expy for a ride once again, and this time the rattle started around 40mph. Played with the AWD switch, and no change, rattle continued.

Pulled over and plugged everything back on. Took car to 50mph, turn to AWD and rattle started...

Sooo.. Now comes my question... Anyone had experienced this behavior before?

Is this a speed/ABS sensor issue?
Vacuum leak going to the front rear hub thingy?
I messed up the front rear hub plastic gears?
etc???

Thanks and sorry for not getting any pics of the full package... :(
Been troubleshooting all this time..

Last edited:
OP
OP
mindgame

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One more teaser...

My expy getting its wheels aligned with my stock wheels... Had to use these or my 20" rims would have gotten scratched when they attached those alignment thingys on them...

picture.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
now all you need is 2 big 45 degree cut chrome tips hanging out the back like every other truck in hawaii. haha

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more teaser...

My expy getting its wheels aligned with my stock wheels... Had to use these or my 20" rims would have gotten scratched when they attached those alignment thingys on them...

picture.jpg

That is just plain wrong.

jphatcher84

Reaction score
Have you repaced the front drive shaft? This lift requires a custom front drive shaft..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk