Are 2022's more reliable than my '18?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sunshade is an easy fix. Theres a couple of threads here about it. The specific lube you need is available on amazon. Its kind of expensive, but works.
I have the lube from Amazon for the seals around the glass panel. My issue is the fabric shade that blacks out the sunroof. Is there a separate lube for that? I appreciate your reply!

OP
OP
J

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealer is partway through repair (caliper, running board motor, sunroof all fixed), and upon opening it up for the VCT solenoids/cam phasers, they discovered timing chains have stretched - they have them on overnight order now, won't be able to complete repair until early next week now by the time parts arrive. Not sure on the turbo stuff, will keep you all posted.

Herby

Reaction score
Same tired design issues with the 4runner. They haven't updated the engine nor the transmission in the 2022 4runner. It has the same powertrain architecture as our 2007.
Maybe that old architecture is why Toyota's reliability surpasses our Fords.