Auto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3bs

Reaction score
2019 Limited with LED lights. Lights are great, but my issue is with the auto dimming function. It seems to respond well to oncoming lights by dimming quickly, but takes 10-15 seconds to switch back to high beam after the oncoming car has passed. 65 mph on divided highway, no street lights or other lights in the area. Is this typical or is there a setting to adjust the delay time somewhere? Nothing in the manual about it. I finally switched to manual mode. Too many deer to be flying blind.

mpc11

Reaction score
I don't know about adjusting the "delay". But, are there a lot of street signs, guard rails w/ reflectors, etc. on the road? Reflection seems to hinder the auto high beams on mine quite a bit, especially coming back on by themselves/the delay as you mention..

Back roads without much to reflect, mine seem to come back on right away after a car passes.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine reacts quickly on both sides. I have not seen anywhere that is easily accessible (via dash or nav screen inputs) to change the delay. A lot of factors do come into play. Such as the amount of dirt or grime on the sensor and cameras....

OP
OP
M

m3bs

Reaction score
I don’t drive it often at night, but I don’t remember it doing this when I first got it. Maybe it just needs a bath.....

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine suck, I shut that off.
They dimmed near every single road sigh, speed limit, curve ect what a joke. They were dimming all the time and wayyyyy too early. I'm a big boy, I can handle dimming my lights when I actually want them dimmed. I sometimes wish I had bought an XLT so none of this junk was on mine. lol

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine respond very quickly after the car is passed, and don’t have issues with reflections from signs. It does respond to house or barn lights if they are bright, but on the whole is quite quick.

I do keep the screen quite clean, though (but then, I’m less than 500 miles...)

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine respond very quickly after the car is passed, and don’t have issues with reflections from signs. It does respond to house or barn lights if they are bright, but on the whole is quite quick.

I do keep the screen quite clean, though (but then, I’m less than 500 miles...)

I’m with you. Usually an oncoming car’s rear bumper has barely cleared my leading edge before the high beams flip back on. The highs also don’t dim as a result of signs or anything else either.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, ‘nother thing to add about the auto lights: they will go off when you drop below around 25mph, and back on at around 35mph.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, ‘nother thing to add about the auto lights: they will go off when you drop below around 25mph, and back on at around 35mph.

There's something like that because anytime I pull up to an intersection the dam lights dim and I feel like I should have them on bright so I can actually SEE. Its all rural driving with little to no traffic.
I'm sure they are ok in busier places, but in Northern, WI backroads they are a complete failure. Overriding them isn't very easy sometimes as well, so I shut the entire feature off.

Last edited:

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine end up flashing people all the time. Quite irritating. Only a matter of time before it does it to some road rage jerk who thinks I high beamed him on purpose.