Auto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't believe how nobody has mentioned how awesome it was when we used the left foot switch to turn on/off the high beams...
It’s wild to think there was a time that your left foot was involved in the hi-beams, clutch, and pumping the windshield washing fluid. Now a days all it gets is a dead pedal.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s wild to think there was a time that your left foot was involved in the hi-beams, clutch, and pumping the windshield washing fluid. Now a days all it gets is a dead pedal.

Yes it's all part of the aforementioned government plot. It's designed to let your left foot atrophy so you can't run away when they come for you.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man, you guys are an easy sell.
I can't believe how nobody has mentioned how awesome it was when we used the left foot switch to turn on/off the high beams...

I Use that switch to shut my tail lights on and off!

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, ‘nother thing to add about the auto lights: they will go off when you drop below around 25mph, and back on at around 35mph.

I didn't realize that. I tried it last night and sure enough below 35 they don't work. Living in a fairly rural area with lots of 30mph roads, I wish they worked all the time.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if this is something on the newer mys. My neighborhood has alleys to access all the garages and the high beams on my ‘18 regularly flip on in my alley. And no, I’m not driving faster than 35, I’m usually at about 15.

mpc11

Reaction score
I wonder if this is something on the newer mys. My neighborhood has alleys to access all the garages and the high beams on my ‘18 regularly flip on in my alley. And no, I’m not driving faster than 35, I’m usually at about 15.
Same here. Lot of back roads around me where mine come when I'm well under 35, other than the reflection issue, on my '18 Limited.