Auto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
For some reason, I thought the auto highbeams would turn OFF when they sensed vehicles coming.. I was rather surprised when I bought it that they actually turn ON automatically as well.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All my driving is backroads with tight corners and intersections, the last thing I want is my hi beams shutting off as I slow down for a sharp curve on a backroad. No wonder I hated them and deleted the feature the first week I had mine.

OP
OP
M

m3bs

Reaction score
No explanation to why they were so recalcitrant before, but I drove it about 100 miles last night and they worked fine.

Pete6114

Reaction score
Mine come back on as soon as a vehicle is past me, but they're turned off when i'm on the interstate. And they do turn off at slow speed as mentioned before.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine work as intended on slow mountainous, windy back roads. Probably going anywhere from 15-35 mph depending. I noticed mine turned off once or twice when house lights thorugh the trees "fooled" them, but other than that they seemed to work as expected.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was driving behind a vehicle on a 70km/h stretch last night and the back of his vehicle was filthy, so much that his tail lights were hardly visible. Well the Expy let them know that it disapproved of their unsafe driving practices by throwing the high beams at ' em!! Haha