Auto reverse tilt side mirrors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I reloaded the original forscan backup files that I saved prior to making any changes, I also confirmed those settings with the factory settings i received from the Ford website. I then changed them so that the lincoln style fold still worked. Before I did that I tested it and it was still messed up.

I did use the settings listed in the Forscan tools (changing the first characters to "F's" to enable the reverse tilt feature, guess I didn't even try it prior to that, but the calibration setup is a pain and to be honest, if you're only going to get one mirror at a time, and it only works if that mirror is selected, then it's kind of a waste. Let me rephrase that, coming from a vehicle bought in 2010, that had a fully functioning reverse tilt function, that is, every time I put it in reverse, both mirrors would tilt, this seems pretty lackluster.

What other Forscan tweaks did you attempt? Since things are reversed, do you think there is any possibility that you inadvertently enabled right hand drive? Have you tried reflashing the rest of the modules you have modified to the backups?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Goodness no, I would think other things would be messed up and given that it's just the mirror adjustment buttons that are flipped, I feel like it has to be something with that module. Other than that, the only things I did were the numbers above the gauges, disabled the double honk, changed the number of blinks on the turn signals for passing. That's really it.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Goodness no, I would think other things would be messed up and given that it's just the mirror adjustment buttons that are flipped, I feel like it has to be something with that module. Other than that, the only things I did were the numbers above the gauges, disabled the double honk, changed the number of blinks on the turn signals for passing. That's really it.

Could it just be the standard mirror clicking issue and have nothing to do with your Forscan mods? https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/passenger-side-mirror-freaking-out.35480/

The mirror adjustment buttons flipped still seems very strange to me. From what I could tell, it is a bus communication between the master window control switch and the DDM for the mirror adjustment.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could it just be the standard mirror clicking issue and have nothing to do with your Forscan mods? https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/passenger-side-mirror-freaking-out.35480/

The mirror adjustment buttons flipped still seems very strange to me. From what I could tell, it is a bus communication between the master window control switch and the DDM for the mirror adjustment.

It's possible that it's just the standard clicking issue, I just never ran into it until the first time I attempted the reverse tilt programming procedure, which was back in January. Ever since then, ANY time I use the memory buttons (even immediately after programming one of them, which means the mirror shouldn't have to move at all), the clicking happen.

As for the reverse buttons, I double checked the DDM/PDM settings again, they are exactly as they were before I programmed anything. I can try pulling the battery cable for a few minutes to see if the canbus will reset or something, but I doubt it will help. I've searched Google 10 ways from sunday and can't find anyone that seems to have the same issue.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay, so here's yet another update. I got a few minutes to troubleshoot some stuff today.

I went ahead and restored both DDM and PDM to their original settings, prior to changing anything. Oddly enough, the reversed mirror controls went back to normal, and my mirrors stopped doing the clicking them, immediately. I tried several times, turned off the car, started it, etc. Now anytime I used the memory buttons, they work properly, the mirrors move to where they should be, and no issues at all.

Next, I tried setting only the Lincoln Style autofold settings, which in my vehicle both 740-12-01 and 741-12-01 (DDM and PDM respectively) are already set with an F in the first position, so I simply change the second and third positions to 84 as stated in the FORSCAN Excel spreadsheet. As soon as I commit those settings, and only those settings, the mirror controls reverse again, and the clicking returns.

So needless to say, I've returned it back to original settings so that everything works as it should. Any additional thoughts here? And just to be clear, I didn't change the reverse tilt settings at all on the test. Only the setting for Autofold.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you changing the 2nd and 3rd position to 8 and 4 in the 740-12-01 and 741-12-01 lines?

As I read the F150 spreadsheet, the 8 and 4 are for the 740-03-01 and 741-03-01 lines.

upload_2020-3-31_20-24-45.png

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, as I tried to state above, following exactly the same spreadsheet you're referencing, positions 12-01 are just using the F in the first position, which on my vehicle was already set. positions 03-01 on both are set to 84, which neither of those were 84 to begin with, so those are the only ones i'm setting. Sorry if I made that confusing at all. But I do appreciate you trying to help.

Last edited:

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, as I tried to state above, following exactly the same spreadsheet you're referencing, positions 12-01 are just using the F in the first position, which on my vehicle was already set. positions 03-01 on both are set to 84, which neither of those were 84 to begin with, so those are the only ones i'm setting. Sorry if I made that confusing at all. But I do appreciate you trying to help.

What is the original value for the X84X XX in 740-03-01 and 741-03-01? Below is the image from the DDM/PDM tab of the spreadsheet. Maybe by changing to 84, the x direction motor or sensor is being inverted. It may be worthwhile asking in the Forscan section of the forum as well.

upload_2020-3-31_23-0-19.png

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I read the original files, here's what I see.
740-03-01 - DDM - BC8087
741-03-01 - PDM - BD8089

I have actually posted in the forscan forums as well. hoping I get some responses there. Thank you.