Auto start stop switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Bichsel

Reaction score
I have been driving my new Expedition Limited for three months now. I always push the auto start stop button before driving. Today I forgot and realized the engine was not shutting off at stop lights. So I pulled over and shut off engine, set emergency brake and opened the door to reset things. I then started the engine, released the emergency brake and started driving without pushing auto start stop switch. Same thing, the engine does not shut off at stop lights. I changed drive mode to econo and it shuts off at all lights. Back to normal mode and it does not shut off. Does Ford program computer to disable auto start stop feature in normal mode if the driver starts and disables auto start stop x amount of times???

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe in the Forscan forum it has come up that there is fake engine noise to help make people more comfortable with this feature.

OP
OP
J

Jim Bichsel

Reaction score
I watch my tach and it does not drop from 500 rpm to zero like it does in econo mode when engine shuts off.